Barring and Online Employee Notification (BOEN) system
The Barring and Online Employee Notification (BOEN) system allows licensees to notify the Commissioner of:
- new gaming managers, gaming employees, their details and training
Contact Gaming Care or Club Safe for the latest BOEN user guide.
Gaming managers and employees
BOEN must be used to keep up to date details of gaming managers and gaming employees working on the licensed premises including:
- adding new gaming managers or gaming employees to BOEN prior to them commencing prescribed duties
- recording the successful completion of mandatory responsible gambling training
- removing a person’s details if they stop working as a gaming manager or gaming employee.
BOEN is the barring register and allows:
- gaming staff to access the details of patrons barred from the premises
- a gaming manager to upload a copy of a new barring order including a photograph of the person
- a gaming manager to report if a barred person contravenes or fails to comply with a barring order.
A venue administrator must be registered to manage the venue's BOEN account.
Each venue must have at least two authorised venue administrators.
The venue administrator (normally the licensee) can upload the signed form to BOEN to register other gaming managers and employees as venue administrators.
Create a venue administrator - form 1G
If the venue doesn't have a current administrator email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org to create a BOEN administrator account.
Forgot your password?
You can reset your BOEN password online and you will receive an email with a temporary password.
Contact CBS Gambling Team
Phone or text: 0427 051 300
Phone: 131 882 and select option 6
GPO Box 2169
Adelaide SA 5001