Interstate betting operators
Interstate betting operators must notify Consumer and Business Services (CBS) if they want to operate in South Australia.
An authorised interstate betting operator can only conduct betting operations if:
- betting is only by telephone, internet or other electronic means
- no part of the operation is in SA or assisted by an SA operation
- betting relates only to races held by licensed racing clubs and approved contingencies
- the operator is currently authorised under a licence in another state
- the operator is not suspended from conducting betting operations under a licence in another state
- the operator is not prohibited from conducting operations under the Authorised Betting Operations Act 2000.
Gambling providers must not offer inducements or incentives to encourage people to gamble or open gambling accounts.
You can use the online form to:
- notify CBS if you intend to conduct betting operations in South Australia
- notify CBS that you wish to cease betting operations in South Australia
- lodge an annual return regarding your betting operation.
Stopping operations in South Australia
To stop operating in South Australia complete the online form.
You must provide details of your betting operations in SA to CBS every year.
The annual return form outlines the requirements in more detail but you will need:
- information about how bets are made
- details about your licence and people who are in positions of responsibility
- statistics regarding pre-commitments
- financial information about your betting operations in SA
By law, you must provide all information that is requested.
Lodge your annual return
To lodge your annual return complete the online form.
Preventing betting by children
Gambling operators have a responsibility to not accept or offer to accept any bets from children.
Requirements for systems and procedures designed to prevent betting by children (PDF 25KB)
You can bar someone from betting, or check if a person is already barred using the BOEN system.
Contact CBS Gambling Team
Phone or text: 0427 051 300
Phone: 131 882 and select option 6
GPO Box 2169
Adelaide SA 5001