Gambling codes of practice
The Liquor and Gambling Commissioner regulates the advertising of gambling products and responsible gambling practices under a code of practice.
The codes of practice aim to:
- reduce harm associated with the misuse and abuse of gambling
- foster responsible conduct
- facilitate the balanced development of an economically viable and socially responsible gambling industry
- ensure gambling is conducted honestly and free from interference, criminal influence and exploitation
- ensure conduct of gambling is consistent with the expectations of the public.
Penalties apply if a gambling provider does not comply with a mandatory provision of any gambling code of practice.
All gambling providers should familiarise themselves with the contents of these codes and advise and instruct all relevant gaming staff.
Gaming machine operators
Authorised betting operators
Additional guidelines are available on the CBS website.
A gambling provider can apply to the commissioner to be exempt from a provision of the code of practice.
The commissioner may also impose conditions in respect of an exemption.
Applications for exemption can be lodged with CBS by:
Consumer and Business Services
Gambling Associations and Charities
GPO Box 2169
Adelaide SA 5001