Update licence and registration details
To update your address to include the First Nations place name, enter the place name in the 'New Residential Address' field.
What happens next
If you update your address details for your driver’s licence, we will post a sticker to you. This must be placed on the back of your licence.
If you use the mySAGOV app, your updated address details will be listed on your digital licence immediately.
Registration renewals will be sent to your new address, or you can opt to receive notices by email or SMS.
Changing your name
To change your name on your driver's licence attend a Service SA customer service centre with:
- a completed advice of change of name/address
- evidence of identity (original documents must be provided)
- your current South Australian driver's licence or permit.
Replacement licence fee: $20.
Changing your gender without changing your name
To register or amend your gender without changing your name, you must present one of the following documents at a Service SA customer service centre:
- a statement from a registered medical practitioner or a registered psychologist
- a valid Australian Government travel document, such as a current passport, which specifies your preferred gender
- an amended state or territory birth certificate, which specifies your preferred gender
- a state or territory gender recognition certificate, or recognised details certificate, showing that a state or territory registrar of birth deaths and marriages has accepted your change in sex will be sufficient evidence.
Providing you have a supporting document from the list above, you can change your gender to one of the following:
'M' - male
'F' - female
'X' - this option is available if you do not identify your gender as either male or female.
For more information read the Australian Government guidelines on the recognition of sex and gender.
Change to medical conditions
If you have a physical or mental impairment that may affect your capacity to drive, you must declare this to Service SA. Based on this information you may need to undergo a medical examination to confirm your fitness to hold a driver's licence.
Contact Service SA
Only send general enquiries online. Service SA will respond within three working days.
If the matter is urgent or is specifically about your current licence or registration, phone or visit a customer service centre instead.
Call Service SA between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays:
Service SA Customer Service Centre locations and opening hours.