At 6:00 pm on Tuesday 20 July, South Australia commenced a 7 day lockdown. Learn about restrictions.
Apply for a proof of age card
People aged at least 17 years and 11 months are eligible to apply for a proof of age card. A proof of age card doesn't expire.
If you have a South Australian photographic driver’s licence or learner’s permit, or have had one in the past, you can apply online. Otherwise you'll need to apply in person to establish your identity.
You can apply for a proof of age card online if you have a mySA GOV account.
Apply in person
To apply in person for a proof of age card attend a Service SA customer service centre:
- with a completed application for a proof of age card
- with evidence of identity:
- combined identification documents need to show full name, date of birth, signature and current South Australian residential address
- if you already have a South Australian photographic driver's licence or learner's permit you may not need to supply full evidence of identity
- pay the fee of $25 and have your photo taken.
What happens next
If you have applied online:
- a legally-compliant digital proof of age card will be available on your smartphone using the mySA GOV app
- you should receive your proof of age card in the post within three weeks.
If you have applied in person, you should receive your proof of age card in the post within three weeks
If you have not received the card within 21 days phone Service SA on 13 10 84. If you don't contact Service SA within 30 days of the original application you may need to pay the fee to have your proof of age card re-issued.
If your proof of age card has been damaged, lost or stolen, apply for a new card using the processes on this page. You may not need to supply full evidence of identity.
Contact Service SA
Only send general enquiries online. Service SA will respond within three working days.
If the matter is urgent or is specifically about your current licence or registration, phone or visit a customer service centre instead.
Call Service SA between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays:
Service SA Customer Service Centre locations and opening hours.