Renew your driver's licence
You should receive a notice with an application to renew your driver's licence in the mail about four to six weeks before it expires. If you don't receive your renewal notice or it has been lost or destroyed, phone 13 10 84 or go to a Service SA customer service centre.
A driver's licence may be renewed for any period between one and ten years. Driver's licence photographs are valid for ten years, so your options for renewal period are based on the expiry date of your photograph.
For example, if your photograph was taken three years ago, you can renew your licence for up to seven years without a new photograph.
Check your application form to find out whether you need a new photograph for the renewal period you want.
If you don't need a new photograph you can renew your licence:
- Online - renew your licence online and pay the fee using Visa or MasterCard.
- In person - go to a Service SA customer service centre or selected Australia Post office with your completed application form and and payment by cash, money order, Visa/Mastercard credit or debit card.
- By post - send your completed application with payment by cheque, money order, Visa or Mastercard debit or credit card to:
GPO Box 1533
Adelaide SA 5001
If you need a new photograph, you must renew your licence in person.
- Go to a Service SA customer service centre or selected Australia Post office with your completed application.
- Take your current driver's licence or evidence of identity
- Pay the fee using cash, money order, Visa/ MasterCard debit or credit card.
Renew a learner's permit
A photo learner's permit for a car may be renewed for nine months or two years, provided it has not expired by more than 12 months.
A photo learner's permit for a motorbike (class R-date) may be renewed only if the previous R-date learner's permit:
- was not issued for two years
- has not already been renewed more than once.
You can renew your learner's permit at any customer service centre or, if it has a valid photograph, you can renew your learner's permit online. Phone 13 10 84 if you need any help.
Paper learner's permits cannot be renewed online.
Learner's permits cannot be renewed at Australia Post.
Licence renewal and photo point locations
You can renew your driver's licence and have your photograph taken at any Service SA customer service centre or selected Australia Post office. If your licence expired more than six months ago, or you have changed your address, name or other licence details you can only renew at a customer service centre.
If you are unable to go to a customer service centre or post office, phone 13 10 84.
Overseas or interstate
You can renew your licence online if you're eligible to renew your driver’s licence and have a valid photograph.
The new licence will be posted to your recorded residential or postal address, so you should have an Australian postal address nominated before you renew your licence. You can update your address online.
If your licence photo is no longer valid
If you are temporarily interstate or overseas and can't attend a Service SA Customer Service Centre or a selected Australia Post Office in person to renew your driver’s licence, you may be eligible to apply online for a licence photo extension to renew your driver’s licence for a further 12 months.
Approval will be subject to you being eligible to renew your driver’s licence.
You will not be eligible to apply for a licence photo extension if:
- You reside interstate and have been there for longer than three months
- You have updated your residential address to an interstate address
- Your driver’s licence has expired by six months or more.
If you no longer live in South Australia you must apply for a driver’s licence in the State or Territory where you live. Please contact the relevant interstate licensing authority for information on obtaining a driver’s licence.
How to apply
To apply for a licence photo extension, you will need the following information:
- Your driver’s licence number
- Your personal details
- Where you are temporarily located (interstate or overseas)
- If you are temporarily located interstate, how long you have been interstate
- An Australian postal address for the photo licence card to be mailed to (if the address is different from what is recorded on your licence record)
- A contact email address
What happens next
Once a licence photo extension has been approved you will be advised by email and you can renew your driver’s licence online.
You can only get one 12 month licence photo extension, the next renewal you'll need to attend a Service SA Customer Service Centre or selected Australia Post Office in person
Please contact Service SA if you have any issues or concerns.
If you are unable to use the online option you may be eligible to apply for a photo-kit.
You must apply in writing to:
Service SA Licence Services Team,
GPO BOX 1533
Adelaide SA 5001
Receiving your renewed licence
You should receive your renewed licence/permit in the post within three weeks.
If you renew online, you can print out a temporary licence. If you renew in person, you will be given a temporary licence.
A temporary licence is valid for a period of one calendar month or until you get the photo licence in the mail, whichever is earlier.
If you have not received the new licence within 21 days please contact Service SA on phone 13 10 84. If you do not contact Service SA within 30 days of renewing your licence you may be liable for a replacement licence fee.
Fees are calculated on the annual licence fee multiplied by the number of years you choose to renew, plus an administration fee.
Effective from 1 July 2018.
|Driver's licence and learner's permit||Concession||Fee|
|Driver's licence issue or renewal per year plus an administration fee of $17.00 (1 to 10 year licences available)||$22.00|
|Provisional driver's licence first issue (issued for 3 years and includes a $17.00 administration fee)||$83.00||$149.00|
|Learner's permit first issue (only issued for 24 months)||$61.00|
|Learner's permit renewal (9 months)||$33.50|
|Rider Safe learner's permit (only issued for 24 months)|
Only send general enquiries online. Service SA will respond within five working days.
If the matter is urgent or is specifically about your current licence or registration, please phone or visit a customer service centre instead.
- Registration and driver's licences - 13 10 84 (8.00 am to 6.00 pm)
- General government information - 13 23 24 (9.00 am to 5.00 pm)
- Overseas callers - +61 8 8463 3490
GPO Box 1533
Adelaide SA 5001