Apply for a licence photo extension
If you cannot attend a photo licence point and require a new licence photo, you can apply for a 12-month extension.
Who is this for
People who cannot attend a photo licence point and require a photo extension to renew their driver’s licence.
You will not be able to apply for a licence photo extension if:
- you reside interstate and have been there for longer than three months
- you have updated your residential address to an interstate address
- your driver’s licence has been expired for six months or more.
What you need
- Your driver’s licence number
- An Australian postal address for the photo licence card to be mailed to (if the address is different from what is recorded on your licence record)
- A contact email address
What happens next
Once the extension has been approved, you will be advised by email and you can renew your driver’s licence online.
You can only get one 12-month licence photo extension. For the next renewal you will need to attend a photo point location in person.
If you no longer live in South Australia your South Australian licence may no longer be valid. Contact the relevant local licensing authority for requirements on obtaining a driver’s licence.
If you are unable to apply online you may be eligible to apply for a photo kit. You need to apply in writing.
- Email: email@example.com
Service SA Licence Services Team
GPO BOX 1533
Adelaide SA 5001