Real estate

Real estate sales representative registration

Sales representatives work for land agents and are involved in selling and leasing land and businesses. Sales representatives must be registered with Consumer and Business Services.

You won't be able to register if you have restrictions on your work such as a suspended trade or business licence.

Registered land agents don't need a separate registration if they are working as a sales representative.

New applications are required when:

  • registering for the first time
  • re-applying for a registration that was cancelled
  • applying for a different registration type.

Before you begin


Check you have the right qualifications to register.

Sale representative qualifications (PDF 57.75KB)

Auctioneers need to be qualified as either a land agent or a sales representative.

Offences and convictions

You may not be able to register if you (or a director of the company) has been convicted of an 'indictable offence' of dishonesty, or convicted of a 'summary offence' of dishonesty within the past 10 years.

Police clearance

Include with your registration a copy of your National Police Certificate (NPC) no more than 12 months old.

Apply for an NPC through:

You do not need an NPC if you:

  • are director of a company listed on the Australian Stock Exchange
  • have lodged an NPC with CBS within the last year
  • are an overseas resident and have never lived in Australia
  • have held a licence within the last year and are applying for an equivalent licence
  • have already supplied an NPC for a different licence issued under the Land Agents Act 1994.

How to apply or update registration

1. Complete the form

Start now

2. Lodgement options

Scan and upload the signed form along with your supporting evidence.

Post your application, supporting evidence and payment to:

Consumer and Business Services
GPO Box 1719
Adelaide SA 2001

Take your application to the CBS Customer Service Centre or to a Service SA regional office along with your supporting evidence and payment.

Phone 131 882 to discuss other options with our staff.


Sales representative registration typeFee

New application


Pre-grant fee (paid with new application) $227
Total fee payable for new application (includes 1 year registration) $517
Total fee payable for new application (includes 1 year registration)
(Interstate or NZ licence recognised in SA)
Application to add auctioneer to a licence (existing sales representatives) $122
Application to add property manager condition (existing sales representatives) $122


Real estate professionals need to renew their registration every 12 months.


Make sure you have your licence number ready to renew online. You can pay by credit card using our secure service.

Renew now


Phone 1300 668 531

Make sure you have your licence ready when you call. You can pay by credit card.


Make cheque or money orders payable to the Commissioner for Consumer Affairs and attach to the front page of your renewal.

Consumer and Business Services
GPO Box 1719
Adelaide SA 5001

In person

Renew and pay for your licence at:

CBS Customer Service Centre
91 Grenfell Street
Adelaide SA 5000

or a Service SA regional office.

Renewal fees

Type of registrationFee
Body corporate (company) $535
Individual land agent $355
Sales representatives $227
Property manager $200
Replacement licence card $27

Digital licences

You can download your licence or registration to an Apple or Android smart phone or tablet using the mySA GOV app. Hard copy licences will still be issued and it's a good idea to carry these with you until digital licences become widely accepted. For more information visit

Changes that affect registration

Notify CBS within 14 days if you have committed an offence or have had legal restrictions placed on your work or business, such as bankruptcy, financial receivership, suspended or disqualified work licence.

You will also need to advise CBS when you:

Related information

On this site

Working in real estate

Other websites

Check registration processing times - CBS

Contact CBS

Online: Contact CBS

Phone131 882

In person:
91 Grenfell Street

GPO Box 1719
Adelaide SA 5001

Was this page useful?

Take a moment to tell us why. If you need a response, send an enquiry instead.

Page last updated 10 December 2018

Provided by:
Attorney-General's Department
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence. © Copyright 2018