Liquor and gambling

Bookmaker and agent licences

A person must be licensed by the Liquor and Gambling Commissioner to work as a:

  • bookmaker
  • agent (working for or on behalf of a bookmaker).

Who should apply

Bookmakers and agents in South Australia must be licensed by the Liquor and Gambling Commissioner.

The Commissioner issues permits to bookmakers to enable them to accept bets at racecourses and other venues.

How to apply

View the application process for bookmaker and agent licences on the CBS website.

Find out what you need to do if you want a licence to work for a bookmaker.


Licences must be renewed annually, with payment of the appropriate fee.


Consumer and Business Services

Related information

Other websites

Was this page useful?

We can't respond to any comment made here. If you need a response, please use our contact page.

Page last updated 12 May 2017

Provided by:
Attorney-General's Department
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia Licence. © Copyright 2016