Apply for a bingo licence
An application can only be made by an association or by someone aged 18 years or older acting on its behalf.
Make sure you attach all the relevant supporting evidence - what you'll need.
Lodge the application at least 14 days before the lottery begins.
What you'll need
In addition to the fee, an application must include:
- details of any other association which will benefit from the bingo session(s)
- any outstanding financial statements - Major bingo licence financial statement (PDF 265KB)
Associations applying for the first time must also include:
- a copy of the association’s constitution
- names and addresses of management committee members
- the number of financial members.
What happens next
Consumer and Business Services will contact you when your licence is approved.
An application can be refused if:
- the prizes include prohibited goods or services
- any gift, reward or benefit related to the lottery includes prohibited goods or services.
Change, cancel or surrender a licence
You must submit a written request to CBS to change the days, times or venues of a session at least 14 days before the session begins.
You must get approval from CBS to cancel, suspend or surrender a bingo licence.