Light vehicle permits
A vehicle will need an exemption in the form of a light vehicle permit to operate in South Australia if it is up to 4.50 tonnes Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM) and exceeds one or more of the following dimensions:
- a single motor vehicle that is not greater than 12.5 metres long
- a combination that is not greater than 19 metres long
- a vehicle that is not greater than 2.5 metres wide
- a vehicle that is not greater than 4.3 metres high.
The following table contains the fees for light vehicles permits.
|Vehicle permit fees - light vehicles||Fee|
|Permit application (issue or renewal)||$86|
|Vehicle listing application||$56|
|Inspection of vehicle listing application||$289|
Complex assessment to verify specifications of vehicle listing application.
Costs may include: vehicle inspection at other than a DIT site, route inspection or survey, bridge or culvert assessment, conditions applicable to the permit or costs of other actions as identified.
|A fee of the estimated reasonable costs of providing the assessment (to be advised and paid prior to the assessment)|
Note: Vehicle listing and listing assessment fees apply to each vehicle, including each vehicle forming part of the combination. These fees are payable in addition to any other listed fee that may apply.
You can apply, renew or search for a permit online:
- New vehicle listing (Form A)
- New vehicle permit (Form B)
- Renew vehicle permit (Form C)
- Permit/vehicle search
- Outstanding permit payment
Alternatively, download an application form:
- Form A - Vehicle listing application (self propelled vehicle)
- Form B - Application for a permit
- Form C - Application for a permit renewal
- Route survey application