Get the most recent information on South Australia's response to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Seasonal registration caters for those situations where you only wish to use a vehicle for a part of the year. Examples of this may be a farm truck with a Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM) that is used during harvest, or a caravan used during the summer months.
Only the standard administration fee is payable providing the registration is renewed after 90 days and within 12 months of the previous expiry date.
You can apply for seasonal registration when registering a vehicle for the first time or when renewing a registration. The first application for seasonal registration must be made at a Service SA customer service centre.
About renewals - things to note
- If you have seasonal registration you won't be able to pay the renewal at Australia Post Offices. You can use the other options to renew registration.
- You pay the lowest administration fee when the registration is renewed after 90 days and within 12 months of the previous expiry date.
- If your vehicle is on seasonal registration, a renewal invitation will be forwarded approx 6 weeks before the expiry date
- once your registration has expired a reminder notice will not be sent.
- You must let the department know if you no longer require seasonal registration.
For further information, telephone 13 10 84 or go to a Service SA customer service centre.