Restricted primary producer's vehicle registration

A primary producer can register vehicles other than tractors and agricultural machines to be moved between farm blocks. This is known as a restricted primary producer registration.


The vehicle must be owned by a primary producer who uses it to work two or more separate parcels of land in conjunction with each other.

Restricted primary producer conditional registration is only granted to a client with a primary producer (PP) concession.

Other conditions

Where the distance between properties exceeds 30 kilometres registration can only be issued following an individual assessment, based on the type of vehicle and where it is being used. In these cases the insurance premium class normally applicable for the vehicle type will be charged. Individual assessments are undertaken at a Service SA customer service centre.

A restricted primary producer's vehicle may be registered for any three-month period up to a maximum of 36 months. Restricted primary producer's vehicles may also be registered with a common expiry date.

Some operating conditions applied to a vehicle are outlined in gazette notices and codes of practice. Vehicles can also be allocated a conditional registration code.

How to register

1. Application form

Complete a MR1A application for conditional registration and third party insurance form (75.1 KB PDF)

If the vehicle's unladen mass is 2,000 kg or more, or the gross vehicle mass exceeds 4,500 kg, you will also need to complete a MR80 vehicle supplementary details form (405.6 KB PDF).

2. Map

The application must be accompanied by a map or sketch of the area in which the vehicle is to be used. The sketch should show section numbers, hundreds and roads. Indicate the route with a dotted line and include the distances to be travelled.

3. Lodgement

Lodge at any Service SA Customer service centre.

Related information


Service SA customer service centre
Phone 13 10 84

Was this page useful?

Take a moment to tell us why.

If you need a response, send an enquiry instead.

Page last updated 6 February 2019

Provided by:
Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence. © Copyright 2019