Aboriginal aged care and retirement homes

At some stage the amount of care needed may become too much for you to stay at home, or you may decide to move into aged care or retirement housing for security, support and friendship.

Aboriginal housing for people who need care

Aboriginal Community Care SA provides housing in the Elders Village for Aboriginal people who need daily support and care. They also provide short-term care so that carers can have a break.

Go to our Aged care and retirement housing pages for mainstream housing options.

Other Aboriginal housing options

Housing for Aboriginal people has information about transitional and public housing.

Search the Aboriginal Hostels Limited website choosing the state or territory you want and the type of accommodation you need.

You might be able to get help with paying bond and rent if you're in private rental.

Was this page useful?

Thanks for contributing - your feedback helps us improve this website.

Page last updated 5 August 2021

Provided by:
Department for Health and Wellbeing
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence. © Copyright 2023