Update licence and registration details
Update your driver's licence or vehicle registration address with a mySA GOV account.
Don't have a mySA GOV account?
You can still update your address online. You'll need your driver's licence or client number.
Using a mobile?
By clicking 'update your address' you will be redirected to a page that will not resize to fit your screen but you will still be able to complete transactions.
If you want to do this later, you could email this page to yourself.
A mySA GOV account offers a mobile-friendly transaction.
What happens next
If you update your address details for your driver’s licence, a sticker will be posted out to you. This must be placed on the back of your licence.
If you use the mySA GOV app, your updated address details will be listed on your digital licence immediately.
Registration renewals will be sent to your new address, or you can opt to receive notices by email or SMS.
Changing your name
To change your name on your driver's licence attend a Service SA customer service centre with:
- a completed advice of change of name/address
- evidence of identity
- your current South Australian driver's licence or permit
A replacement licence fee applies.
Changing your gender without changing your name
To register or amend your gender without changing your name, you must present one of the following documents at a Service SA customer service centre:
- a statement from a registered medical practitioner or a registered psychologist
- a valid Australian Government travel document, such as a current passport, which specifies your preferred gender
- an amended state or territory birth certificate, which specifies your preferred gender
- a state or territory gender recognition certificate, or recognised details certificate, showing that a state or territory registrar of birth deaths and marriages has accepted your change in sex will be sufficient evidence.
Providing you have a supporting document from the list above, you can change your gender to one of the following:
'M' - male
'F' - female
'X' - this option is available if you do not identify your gender as either male or female.
For more information please see the Australian Government guidelines on the recognition of sex and gender
Change to medical conditions
If you have a physical or mental impairment that may affect your capacity to drive, you must declare this to Service SA. Based on this information you may need to undergo a medical examination to confirm your fitness to hold a driver's licence.
Contact Service SA
COVID-SAfe Check-In will roll out from 1 December 2020.
Only send general enquiries online. Service SA will respond within three working days.
If the matter is urgent or is specifically about your current licence or registration, please phone or visit a customer service centre instead.
Call Service SA Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays on:
- 13 10 84 between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm
- +61 8 8463 3490 for overseas callers between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm
Service SA Customer Service Centre locations and opening hours.