Apply for a new licence and number due to identity theft
If you have been the subject of identity theft — including the Optus data breach — or had your driver’s licence details compromised, you can apply for a new driver’s licence and licence number.
How to apply
Present the completed form to a Service SA centre. You will be required to provide evidence confirming your personal details have been compromised.
What happens next
A new licence number will be issued immediately.
Your new licence will be:
- immediately available digitally through your mySAGOV account and on the mySAGOV app
- produced and posted to you.
Loss of physical licence card
When a replacement licence card is issued, the security card number on the back is updated, protecting you from potentially fraudulent activity. Applying for a replacement licence will allow you to retain the same licence number.
Other cards and licence types
All cards issued by the Department for Transport and Infrastructure that include your licence/client number can be replaced, including:
- driver's licence includes a provisional licence or learner's permit
- driver and operator accreditation - attend the Accreditation and Licensing Centre at Mile End
- motor driving instructor licence - attend a Service SA centre
- proof of age card - log into your mySAGOV account or attend a Service SA centre.
Overseas or interstate customers
If you are currently interstate or overseas, phone Service SA to discuss options.
If you have been impacted by a data breach and require additional support please visit IDCARE.