Replace a marine pilotage exemption certificate

Apply to replace your lost, stolen, destroyed or damaged marine pilotage exemption certificate.

When replacing your marine pilotage exemption certificate you'll need to meet certain requirements and provide some documentation.

What you'll need

Fee: $64

What you'll need

You must include:

  • a passport-quality photo
  • a copy of any 1 of the following original documents certified by a Justice of the Peace:
    • current passport
    • current Australian driver's licence
    • current marine certificate of competency issued by the Australian Maritime Safety Authority or other relevant qualifications.

What happens next

If your application is approved Marine Safety SA will contact you to arrange payment. You will receive a new marine pilotage exemption certificate in the mail.

If you apply using your mySAGOV account, you can check the status of your application.

Contact Marine Safety SA


Was this page useful?

Thanks for contributing - your feedback helps us improve this website.

Page last updated 24 February 2023

Provided by:
Department for Infrastructure and Transport
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence. © Copyright 2023