Apply for a marine pilotage exemption certificate
Apply for a commercial South Australian marine pilotage exemption certificate.
When applying for a pilotage exemption certificate you'll need to meet certain requirements and provide some documentation.
What you'll need
You must include:
- a passport-quality photo
- a copy of any 1 of the following original documents certified by a Justice of the Peace:
- current passport
- current Australian driver's licence
- current marine certificate of competency issued by the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) or other relevant qualifications
- copies of all of the following documentation:
- current marine certificate of competency issued by the AMSA or other relevant qualifications (if not supplied above)
- a current AMSA medical certificate
- a character declaration (250.4 KB PDF)
- a log of qualifying voyages signed by a licensed marine pilot or marine pilot exempt master, or letters of recommendation or endorsement from the Port Authority or any other supporting documentation.
What happens next
If your application is approved Marine Safety SA will contact you to arrange payment. You will receive a marine pilotage exemption certificate in the mail within 3 weeks of lodging the application.
If you apply using your mySAGOV account, you can check the status of your application.
Contact Marine Safety SA
Provided by: Department for Infrastructure and Transport
Page last updated 24 February 2023