Property and asset management
The SA Housing Authority allocates properties to community housing providers.
Community housing provider responsibilities
What they are responsible for
Community housing providers are responsible for:
- property maintenance and repairs
- modifications for people with a disability
- conducting regular property inspections
- developing and implementing the annual maintenance plan for each property
- developing, submitting and implementing the annual summary maintenance plan or an asset management plan
- managing vacant properties for new tenants
- returning a property to the SA Housing Authority
- liaising with the SA Housing Authority to transfer a property to another community housing provider or sell to tenants
- engaging contractors and tradespeople
- occupational health, safety and welfare and fire safety awareness.
What they're not responsible for
Community housing providers are not responsible for:
- air conditioners, ceiling fans or room heaters
- washing machines or dishwashers
- window treatments, curtains and internal or external blinds
- floor coverings
- light fittings
- refrigeration units
- rainwater tanks, other than when it's the only source of water for the premises
- spa bath and swimming pool pumps and associated plant or equipment
- waste disposal units
- water pumps, other than where they provide the only water supply to the premises
- garden sheds.
Community housing providers can charge a small additional levy to cover the cost of these items. For further information see section 9 Additional Services Levies in the Addendum 1 - Community housing rent procedure for General Tenancies .
Policies and procedures
Community housing providers under the 2016 Master Agreement may refer to Master Agreements for all policies and procedures.
- Community housing property transaction policy
- Community housing property disposal procedure
- Community housing property sale to tenant procedure;
- Community housing use of a property as security for debt finance procedure
- Property sales to tenant or private market - Property sale request form - for SAHT transfer Developments only
- Property sales to tenant or private market procedure - for SAHT transfer developments only
Guidelines and factsheets
On this site
For an alternative version of a document on this page contact SA Housing Authority