Community Housing Master Agreement
The Master Agreement is the core funding agreement between:
- the South Australian Housing Trust
- all community housing providers registered under the National Regulatory System (NRS).
The Master Agreement applies to properties and tenancies where a registered community housing provider holds the title to a property.
All registered community housing providers must enter into the Master Agreement and all new funding opportunities will be negotiated under this agreement.
All existing agreements where the community housing provider holds title to the properties will be incorporated into the Master Agreement. This will provide consistency between:
- reporting requirements
- performance measures.
Each community housing provider will have a contract manager.
A contract management framework has been developed and outlines how Renewal SA manages community housing agreements.
Contract management focuses on:
- early engagement
- building strong relationships
- best outcomes for tenants.
Any reporting or performance issues will be dealt with through early consultation. More significant issues can be progressed to general performance management if needed.
Key performance indicators
Key performance indicators have been developed to help measure, contractual outcomes achieved. The indicators used to measure a provider’s performance, relate to:
- housing the right people
- providing fair and accountable tenancy services
- managing project properties.
These measures reflect the state government’s expectations and priorities of providing affordable housing for people on low to moderate incomes, including vulnerable households needing support to maintain their tenancy. Benchmarks are set according to the business of the community housing provider.
Core operating policies and procedures
Policies and procedures have been updated in line with the transfer of community housing funding and asset related decisions from Housing SA to Renewal SA. Consistent definitions and terminology have been applied and align with the final agreed version of the Master Agreement where relevant.
The community housing core operating policies and procedures related to the Master Agreement are:
- Eligibility policy
- Property acquisition and disposal policy
- Property return/s procedure
- Property sales to tenant procedure
- Property transfers procedure
- Community housing maintenance accommodation standards
- Rent management policy
- Addendum 1 - Community housing rent policy and procedure (no changes)
- Addendum 2 - Rent framework for community housing providers
- Tenant allocations and tenure policy
- Disability access and inclusion policy
- Disability modifications procedure
- Group self build (equity redemption) policy (grandfathered for properties in which equity investment shares remain issued - this policy remains in its original format)
- Intervention order notifications procedure
Summary of changes to the Master Agreement
Summary of changes to the Core Operating Policies and Procedures
Project Agreement A template (Financial Contribution)
Project Agreement B template (Real Property Contribution)
Deed of priority
Deed of statutory charge
Non-annexure third party guarantee
Fixed payments FAQs
Master agreement FAQs
General Feedback following consultation
Core operating policies and procedures Q and A
Contract management Q and A
What are Community Housing Assets
Merger Easy Guide