Parents in Education funding for school and preschool communities
Our relationships with parents are at the centre of success for every child at school.
Parents in Education (PIE) funding is available to government schools and preschools. The funding is for parent engagement projects that help parents to:
- engage in their child’s education
- feel empowered to support learning at home through strong partnerships with schools.
Applications for 2023
Applications for the 2023 school year are closed.
South Australian government schools and preschools who have submitted an application will be advised of the outcome in term 1, 2023.
Applicants can find out more about the applications and assessment process on Parents in Education funding for school and preschool communities.
Benefits of parent engagement
Effective parent engagement has many benefits, including:
- increased student attendance and student engagement in learning
- expanding ways for children to be successful learners, at school, at home, and in the world around them
- enhancing the knowledge, professional skills, and capacity of educators
- a richer, more diverse, and inclusive school community.
Get help with your child’s learning
How you support your child’s learning matters. You shape your child’s values and attitude. You shape their attitude and approaches to learning at home, school, and beyond.
The department has some resources to help you support your child’s learning. The resources cover:
- what being engaged in your child’s educations means
- what you can do to help your child
- hear what parents, students, and teachers think.
Department for Education
Engagement and Wellbeing