Verify an existing check
< Back to Apply for a screening check
Check your current status
If you're applying for a working with children check, you should find out if you already have a valid check.
The screening unit receives many applications for checks from people who have current clearance to work with children.
Inspect your record
After you verify your identity with the screening unit, you can inspect your record.
The screening unit will then provide you with:
- your Working with Children Check status
- whether you have a paid or volunteer Working with Children Check
- the determination date
- when the check is valid to
- which employers are linked to you.
If you have forgotten your Working with Children Check Registration Number, ask the Screening Unit to email it to you again.
You will need to verify your identity with the Screening Unit. Once verified, you will be sent an email with your Working with Children Check Registration Number.
Check a worker or volunteer's status
To verify a person has a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and is not prohibited from working with children, you must provide:
- the person's full name (exactly as they provided to the Screening Unit)
- their Screening Reference Number (check a Screening reference number)
- your name
- your email address
- the reason for your search.
The search does not disclose any personal information in relation to the person who is the subject of the search, and the result will be emailed to you at the email address provided.