At 6:00 pm on Tuesday 20 July, South Australia commenced a 7 day lockdown. Learn about restrictions.
Rules for ferry users
- There is a 10 km/h speed limit on ramp and ferry.
- Wait until directed by the ferry operator before moving your vehicle onto the ferry.
- Apply handbrake once the vehicle is in position.
- Supervise children at all times.
- Keep clear of the ferry operator's walkway and ferry machinery.
- Do not hinder or obstruct the ferry operator.
- If asked, provide correct, name, address and gross vehicle mass to the ferry operator.
- At night drivers are requested to switch to parking lights only to avoid blinding the ferry operator.
There are penalties for not adhering to these rules.
All emergency vehicles that arrive at a ferry crossing displaying emergency beacons or sounding sirens are given priority to board the ferry.