Notify an incident with interim certificates and HIN plates

A boat code agent must notify Marine Safety SA  immediately if interim certificates, or hull identification number (HIN) plates — before they are affixed to a vessel  — are lost, damaged or stolen .

You'll need:

  • your boat code agent ID
  • the HIN plate numbers or interim certificate numbers
  • if the HIN plates have been:
    • damaged or destroyed - provide photographic evidence
    • stolen - provide a police report number
  • if the interim certificate numbers have been stolen provide a police report number.

No fees apply.

What happens next

The Marine Safety SA Coordinator will investigate your report.

If you apply using your mySAGOV account, you can check the status of your application.

If the HIN plates need to be replaced:

Apply for replacement HIN plates

If new interim certificates are needed:

Order boat code interim certificates and HIN plates

Contact Marine Safety SA



Was this page useful?

Thanks for contributing - your feedback helps us improve this website.

Page last updated 24 February 2023

Provided by:
Department for Infrastructure and Transport
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence. © Copyright 2023