Notify an incident with interim certificates and HIN plates
A boat code agent must notify Marine Safety SA immediately if interim certificates, or hull identification number (HIN) plates — before they are affixed to a vessel — are lost, damaged or stolen .
- your boat code agent ID
- the HIN plate numbers or interim certificate numbers
- if the HIN plates have been:
- damaged or destroyed - provide photographic evidence
- stolen - provide a police report number
- if the interim certificate numbers have been stolen provide a police report number.
No fees apply.
What happens next
The Marine Safety SA Coordinator will investigate your report.
If you apply using your mySAGOV account, you can check the status of your application.
If the HIN plates need to be replaced:
Apply for replacement HIN plates
If new interim certificates are needed:
Order boat code interim certificates and HIN plates
Contact Marine Safety SA
Provided by: Department for Infrastructure and Transport
Page last updated 24 February 2023