Contact government

Complaints and feedback

You can make a complaint if you think you've been unfairly treated by a government department or agency, or simply provide feedback about an issue that's important to you.

Things to include as part your complaint:

  • your name and contact details
  • relevant dates, places and times
  • a description of the issue, incident or decision
  • details of any phone conversations, emails, meetings or other actions you've already taken to sort out the problem
  • any relevant documents
  • what you think needs to happen next.

If you're not happy with the response or the outcome, you can complain to the SA Ombudsman.

Contact your local MP

Each Member of Parliament (MP) represents a geographic area of South Australia. MPs are elected for a three-year term and, when in parliament, take part in debate on proposed laws and public policy, representing the views of the people in their electorate. You are encouraged to contact your local member to express your views, ideas or complaints.

Find a member of parliament - Electoral Commission SA

Participating in government consultations

YourSAy is an online consultation hub where you can have your say and influence government decisions. Some of the ways you can participate include:

  • taking part in online discussions
  • voting in polls
  • deciding where funds are spent.

Sign up to start contributing.

Lobbyists in South Australia

A lobbyist is a person, company or organisation who works to influence government decision-making and activities such as:

  • making or changing laws
  • developing policies and programs
  • allocating funding.

Anyone undertaking lobbying activities with the South Australian government must be registered.

View the register of lobbyists

Was this page useful?

Take a moment to tell us why. If you need a response send an enquiry instead.

Page last updated 6 October 2017

Provided by:
Department for Communities and Social Inclusion
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia Licence. © Copyright 2016