Complaints about government

If you have a complaint or want to provide any feedback about the service provided by a government department, you should contact them directly.

State government

Complaints and feedback about state government departments or services can be made online.

Make a complaint

Contact details for individual government departments.

Local government

Contact your local council directly to make a complaint or provide feedback.

Find your local council on the Local Government Association website.

If you're not satisfied with how your complaint is handled, you can approach the South Australian Ombudsman or the Office for Public Integrity.

Ombudsman SA

The South Australian Ombudsman has the power to:

  • independently investigate the actions of government departments, statutory authorities and local government councils
  • receive information confidentially from a person who wishes to inform about possible improper or illegal actions in state or local government
  • review decisions made about the supply of information in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 1991.

Office for Public Integrity

If you suspect corruption, misconduct or maladministration in a public agency, including any local or state government agency or authority, or the police, you can report it to the Office for Public Integrity.

Any matter assessed as raising a potential issue of corruption may be investigated by the Independent Commissioner Against Corruption (ICAC), or another law enforcement agency.

Make a complaint or report online or phone 8207 1777.

Was this page useful?

Page last updated 7 October 2021

Provided by:
Department of the Premier and Cabinet
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence. © Copyright 2021