Injury and leave entitlements

Starting work for the first time

If you're starting work for the first time, learn about your rights and responsibilities at work at the FairWork Australia online learning centre.

Leave entitlements

Most leave entitlement are covered by the Australian Government's Fair Work Act. Check whether you are entitled to leave, including vacation, sick and parental leave, when you can take it and what you should be paid, including leave loading on the Fairwork Comsission website.

Long-service leave

Most workers accrue long-service leave under a state award or federal award. Visit Safework SA website for state awards or the Fairwork Comsission website for federal awards.

Employee insurance for injury at work

The Return to Work scheme is funded through insurance premiums paid by businesses and provides treatment, care and support to people who have been injured at work.

If you're injured at work, seek any necessary medical treatment and let your employer know as soon as possible. Call your employer’s claims agent or ReturnToWorkSA on 13 18 55 as soon as possible to report your injury or start a work injury claim.

What to do when an injury occurs - ReturnToWorkSA website

Related information

Was this page useful?

Thanks for contributing - your feedback helps us improve this website.

Page last updated 2 June 2022

Provided by:
Department for Industry, Innovation and Science
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence. © Copyright 2023