Register a relationship

Ending a registered relationship

Registering your relationship with Consumer and Business Services (CBS) means that your relationship is legally recognised. When you end a relationship you will need to revoke the registered relationship.

What you'll need

CBS will ask you:

  • to prove your identity (the person lodging the form)
  • to serve a copy of the revocation statement on the other person (if applying by yourself)
  • for a statutory declaration signed by you and witnessed by an authorised person.


Revoke a registered relationship$110.00
Standard relationship certificate endorsing that it has ended$49.75

How to apply

Apply on the CBS website.

Revoke my registration

Withdraw my application

Only the person who has lodged an application to revoke a registered relationship can apply to withdraw their application.

Apply on the CBS website.

Withdraw my application

Contact Births, Deaths and Marriages


131 882

In person

91 Grenfell Street


GPO Box 1351
Adelaide SA 5001

Related information

On this site

Other websites

Was this page useful?

Take a moment to tell us why. If you need a response send an enquiry instead.

Page last updated 2 July 2018

Provided by:
Attorney-General's Department
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence. © Copyright 2018