Dealing with energy retailers

If you have a problem, such as an incorrect bill or an issue with an energy service, contact the retailer first to try to solve the problem.

By law, retailers must have their own complaint handling processes. This includes escalating complaints to a supervisor when talking to someone in the call-centre.

Follow these steps to effectively solve a problem - Energy and Water Ombudsman of SA (EWOSA)

You can open a case with EWOSA if you can't resolve the matter. The Government of South Australia and minister can’t interfere with open EWOSA cases.

National advocacy

Energy Consumers Australia work on behalf of residential and small business across Australia. They connect with individuals and consumer groups to gather information and research, then feed the outcomes back to the energy sector as advocates for change.

Related information

On this site

Was this page useful?

Thanks for contributing - your feedback helps us improve this website.

Page last updated 27 February 2023

Provided by:
Department for Energy and Mining
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence. © Copyright 2023