Reasons you can't renew online
You can't renew your licence online if you need a new photo.
You'll need to renew your licence in person and have a new photo taken if:
- your last photo was taken more than 10 years ago
- you're trying to renew your licence for longer than your photo is valid.
Take your current licence and the renewal form posted to you to a Service SA customer service centre. If you don't have the renewal form, you can download and complete an application form (127.4 KB PDF) and take it with you to Service SA.
You can choose to attend another photo point location, but you must take the renewal form you received in the post.
If you can't attend in person due to extenuating circumstances, you can apply for a licence photo extension.
Other reasons you can't renew online include:
- if your licence has expired by more than 5 years
- if you now need glasses when driving, this condition must be recorded on your licence
- if you don't need glasses when previously you did, you'll need to take an eye test to have this condition removed from your licence.
Call Service SA on 13 10 84 for advice on renewing your licence.
If you're disqualified, suspended or otherwise prevented from holding or obtaining a driver's licence, you can't renew your licence.