Disability medical support

Health emergencies

If life is in danger, phone Triple Zero (000).

Seeing a doctor (GP)

Your doctor or general practitioner (GP) should be your first contact for any health-related problems.

National Health Services Directory can help you find a local doctor.

After hours

The National Home Doctor Locum Service provides bulk-billed, after-hours medical help in your home.

Phone 13 74 25 (13 SICK).

Healthdirect is a 24-hour telephone health advice line staffed by nurses to provide expert health advice and information.

Phone 1800 022 222.

Specialist medical support

Centre for Disability Health

The Centre for Disability Health (CDH) provides a health care service including specialised GP and mental health support for people already receiving funded disability supports.

CDH is managed by SA Health.

To make an enquiry or appointment with the CDH clinic in Modbury, phone 8397 8100.

Support through Medicare

Medicare may cover the cost of some health services for people with disability. Your GP can tell you if you are eligible for a chronic disease management plan or team care arrangements.

Speak to your GP or phone Medicare on 132 011.

Specialist dental services

South Australian Dental Services (SADS) Special Needs Unit at the Adelaide Dental Hospital provides dental services for people with disability.

You need a referral from your doctor or dentist to use this service.

Phone 8222 8350

Related information

On this site

Other websites

Was this page useful?

Page last updated 20 June 2019

Provided by:
Department of Human Services
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence. © Copyright 2020