Building work contractor's licence
A person must be licensed as a building contractor to carry on the business of either:
- performing building work for others
- performing building work with a view to the sale or letting of land or buildings improved by that work.
Search for a licence holder – CBS public register
Who should apply
Any person or business operating as a building work contractor must be licensed, including sub-contractors.
All partners in a partnership must hold their own licences, even if they do not physically perform building work.
How to apply
1. Application form
- Online: complete the application form then print, sign and date it
- Phone: call 131 882 and our staff will complete the form and forward it to you to check and sign
- In person: CBS Customer Service Centre, 91–97 Grenfell Street, Adelaide
Lodge the signed application at the Adelaide customer service centre or at a CBS-Service SA regional office, along with the specified fees and any supporting documents indicated in your application.
Licences must be renewed every year. If your licence has expired, you need to apply for a new one.