Rent management responsibilities include:
- calculating income-based rent and getting regular proof of income from tenants
- applying property-based rents as necessary
- appropriately and promptly managing rent arrears
- calculating and charging additional fees as appropriate
- maintaining proper records for bonds and rent paid by tenants
- giving proper receipts for bonds and rent paid by tenants
- lodging, releasing and claiming bonds as required.
Use of a rent calculator that is consistent with SA Housing Authority policies is mandatory when assessing a tenant's rent.
The policies and procedures listed below only apply to community housing providers under the master agreement. For access to a document not listed on this page, email email@example.com.
Community housing providers under the 2016 Master Agreement please refer to Master Agreements for all policies and procedures.
- Community housing rent policy
- Community housing rent assessment guidelines: Capping (394.2 KB PDF)
- Market rent query form
Specialised housing program
The policies and procedures listed below only apply to organisations that have leases under the Specialised housing program. Some of these files are also available on housing.sa.gov.au.
- Specialised housing program policy
- Specialised housing program procedure (476.1 KB PDF)
- Specialised housing program maintenance guidelines (256.9 KB PDF)
- Boarding housing guideline (84.8 KB PDF)
- Community lease program guideline
- Crisis housing program guideline (181.2 KB PDF)
- Disability housing program guideline (199.1 KB PDF)
- Specialised lease program guideline (182.9 KB PDF)
- Transitional housing program guidelines (186.7 KB PDF)
- Transitional housing program maintenance guidelines
(267.0 KB PDF)
- Mental Health housing program guideline
On this site
- Responsibilities under the funding agreement
- Options for resolving disputes with a community housing provider
For an alternative version of a document on this page contact Housing SA.