Rent management responsibilities include:
- calculating income-based rent and getting regular proof of income from tenants
- applying property-based rents as necessary
- appropriately and promptly managing rent arrears
- calculating and charging additional fees as appropriate
- maintaining proper records for bonds and rent paid by tenants
- giving proper receipts for bonds and rent paid by tenants
- lodging, releasing and claiming bonds as required.
Use of a rent calculator that is consistent with SA Housing Authority policies is mandatory when assessing a tenant's rent.
The policies and procedures listed below only apply to community housing providers under the master agreement, if you require access to a document not listed on this page, please email IndustryPartnershipsCHP@sa.gov.au
Community housing providers under the 2016 Master Agreement please refer to Master Agreements for all policies and procedures.
- Community housing rent policy
- Community housing rent assessment guidelines: Capping
- Market rent query form
Specialised housing program
The policies and procedures listed below only apply to organisations that have leases under the Specialised housing program.
On this site
- Responsibilities under the funding agreement
- Options for resolving disputes with a community housing provider
For an alternative version of a document on this page contact Housing SA.