Rent management responsibilities include:
- calculating income-based rent and getting regular proof of income from tenants
- applying property-based rents as necessary
- appropriately and promptly managing rent arrears
- calculating and charging additional fees as appropriate
- maintaining proper records for bonds and rent paid by tenants
- giving proper receipts for bonds and rent paid by tenants
- lodging, releasing and claiming bonds as required.
Use of a rent calculator that is either accredited or approved by SA Housing Authority is mandatory when assessing a tenant's rent.
The policies and procedures listed below only apply to community housing providers under the master agreement, if you require access to a document not listed on this page, please email IndustryPartnershipsCHP@sa.gov.au
Community housing providers under the 2016 Master Agreement please refer to Master Agreements for all policies and procedures.