Community, sport and leisure
There are many recreation and community activities available locally for seniors.
Social and community
- COTA SA provides a range of resources to get you involved in the community, including networking clubs, the peer education resource centre, day trips and volunteering.
- Information on leisure, travel, lifestyle and seniors organisations can be found on the Catalyst Foundation and Your Life Choices websites.
- Contact your local council for information about programs in your area.
- WeekendPlus is a digital magazine for seniors. View online or as a South Australian Seniors Card member subscribe to receive a fortnightly copy by email.
- The Seniors Card Discount Directory lists businesses that offer discounts to South Australian Seniors Card members.
- The National Public Toilet Map shows the location of toilets available to the public across Australia.
- The COTA SA Strength for Life program provides strength training sessions run by accredited fitness providers.
- Active Ageing Australia promotes physical lifetime. Use the online directory for activities in your area.
- The Centre for Physical Activity in Ageing at the Hampstead Rehabilitation Centre has a number of health and rehabilitation programs.
Information for service providers
Information for service providers on programs and services for older people can be found on the Office for Recreation, Sport and Racing website.
The Office for Ageing Well provides a range of Ageing Well Community Grants to organisations working with older people.
On this site
Provided by: Department for Health and Wellbeing
Page last updated 21 September 2022