A suppliers licence is needed to supply instant lottery tickets and bingo game cards to license holders in South Australia.
Tickets and bingo game cards can only be supplied to:
- another licensed supplier
- the holder of an instant lottery or bingo licence
- someone authorised to purchase tickets on behalf of the licence holder.
Any business can apply for a suppliers licence through Consumer and Business Services (CBS).
Instant lottery tickets
Each series of instant lottery tickets must have a unique serial number.
Each ticket must have:
- the name and licence number of the supplier
- the serial number and classification code
- the price
- the name and licence number of the association selling tickets.
Instant lottery tickets must be manufactured, packaged and stored so that numbers, letters or symbols can’t be seen before a ticket is bought.
Bingo game cards
Each game card must have at least 15 different numbers and a serial number.
Bingo game cards must:
- be the same price
- give an equal chance of winning
- be accurately recorded
- be kept in a secure place.
Grant of Suppliers Licence
Renewal of Suppliers Licence
Banking and record keeping
Accurate records must be kept and available for inspection by CBS at any time.
Anyone who acts dishonestly in connection with the lottery is guilty of an offence. The maximum penalty is $50,000 or two years imprisonment.