Report road hazards and signal faults

Report road hazards and signal faults to the Traffic Management Centre on 1800 018 313 (24 hours).

There is a different process:

You should report any hazards that present a risk to the safety of road users.

Hazards may include:

  • debris on the road - eg a fallen tree, gravel, glass
  • the need for road maintenance
  • damaged safety railing or guardrails
  • a dead animal causing a traffic hazard on a roadway.

When to call the Traffic Management Centre

Reporting a hazard

Make a note of the hazard location and if possible identify a landmark that will make the location easy to find.

Reporting traffic light faults or damage

Make a note of the faulty light location and if possible the identification number.

Reporting a breakdown on an expressway or freeway

If you can't use your phone, use a roadside emergency phone eg the Southern Expressway and the Heysen Tunnels. Most emergency phones are activated by pressing a button and are connected to the Traffic Management Centre, they can automatically see the location of each phone.

If your vehicle isn't a roadside hazard phone the RAA, or other roadside assistance service.

For further information visit the freeways and expressways page on the MyLicence website.

Vehicles left on the expressway and towed away

If you leave your car on the expressway and it has been removed.

Reporting graffiti on roadsides

Graffiti or posters on roadside signs, bridges, traffic lights and guardrails.

Contact Traffic Management Centre



GPO Box 1533
Adelaide SA 5000

Was this page useful?

Thanks for contributing - your feedback helps us improve this website.

Page last updated 6 November 2023

Provided by:
Department for Infrastructure and Transport
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence. © Copyright 2023