Get the most recent information on South Australia's response to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Heavy vehicle access framework
The Heavy Vehicle Access Framework (HVAF) provides the policy and guidelines for the strategic development of heavy vehicle freight networks in South Australia.
The HVAF is made up of the main HVAF document which refers to the following appendices:
- Appendix 1 Diagrams of Restricted Access Special Purpose Vehicles
- Appendix 2 Strategic Route Classification
- Appendix 3 Swept Path Template for General Access
- Appendix 4 Heavy Vehicle Configuration and Related Networks
- Appendix 5 Commodity Network Route Guidelines
- Appendix 6 Route Access Assessment for Restricted Access Vehicles
- Appendix 8 PBS Road Classification Guidelines
The main HVAF document was updated in May 2012 to include the sa.gov.au website and RAVnet mapping system.