Approved areas or routes
Vehicles operating under a mass or dimension exemption (notice or permit) in South Australia must travel within stated areas and on stated routes.
Heavy vehicle route networks (RAVnet)
Prior to any journey, drivers must determine the approved route using the RAVnet online map system.
RAVnet is an interactive map system that displays approved heavy vehicle route networks in South Australia. Restrictions associated with specific route networks are also included.
RAVnet frequently asked questions - Department for Infrastructure and Transport
Approved area maps
Approved area maps that are referenced in mass or dimension exemptions are:
- Adelaide Hills area
- Adelaide Hills area (including Mount Barker inset)
- Adelaide Metropolitan area
- Central Adelaide area
- Northern Adelaide area
- Optus clearance map
- Southern Adelaide area
Restricted areas within SA
Route and structure restrictions have been removed from the updated notices and are published in the:
Areas or routes for specific heavy vehicle operation are outlined below:
- Information Bulletin - Areas or Routes of Operation - Livestock Loading Mass Exemption
- Information Bulletin - Areas or routes of operation in South Australia - Night Travel up to 3.1 m wide or 22 m long
- Information Bulletin - Night Travel for Agricultural Machinery - Approved Council Areas
- Information Bulletin - Night Travel for Rubber Tracked Tractors - Approved Route Networks
- Information Bulletin - Adelaide Christmas Pageant
When operating an oversize vehicle, the maps below depict the preferred routes for travel. If your operating requirements cannot be met by a gazette notice, you will need to apply for a permit.
Temporary road closures, detours and roadworks
Refer to daily roadworks, hazards and news for additional information.
For a map of the planned road improvement and rehabilitation works undertaken across the State sealed road network, see State-wide road improvement and renewal works.