Approved areas or routes
Vehicles operating under a mass or dimension exemption (notice or permit) in South Australia must travel within stated areas and/or on stated routes.
Prior to any journey, drivers must determine the approved route via the RAVnet online map system.
Temporary detours and road works
For a list of roadworks, incidents and planned events in South Australia please refer to www.traffic.sa.gov.au.
Flinders Ranges Road (Pichi Richi Pass)
The Flinders Rangers Road (Pichi Prchi Pass) between Port Augusta and Quorn will be closed on Sunday 24 June between 8.30 am and 1.00 pm for the Pichi Richi Marathon.
The Heysen Tunnels will be closed for maintenance:
Saturday, 23 June
- Adelaide bound tunnel single lane closure from 5.00 pm and progressing to a full tunnel closure from 7.00 pm. A detour via Eagle on the Hill will be in place from 7.00 pm Saturday, 23 June until 9.00 am Sunday, 24 June.
- Friday, 29 June
- Adelaide bound tunnel partial lane restrictions (closure of two lanes) from 8:00 pm Friday, 29 June until 9.00 am Saturday, 30 June
- Crafers bound tunnel closure from 9.00 pm Friday, 29 June until 9.00 am Saturday, 30 June. Crafers bound traffic will be reduced to a single lane and diverted to contra flow in the Adelaide-bound tunnel.
Port River Expressway - Bridge Closure
The Tom 'Diver' Derrick Bridge will be closed for maintenance from 7.00 pm Friday 6 July to 5.00 am Saturday 7 July.
Combinations up to PBS Level 3A / 36.5m
Eg B-Doubles, Road Trains, B-triples, AB Triples
Oversize and Overmass vehicles and Special Purpose vehicles up to 4.6m high
Approved area maps that are referenced in mass or dimension exemptions are:.
- Adelaide and Adelaide Hills area - transport of sheaved hay
- Adelaide Hills area
- Adelaide Hills area (including Mount Barker inset)
- Adelaide Metropolitan area
- Central Adelaide area
- Northern Adelaide area
- Optus clearance map
- Southern Adelaide area
When operating an oversize vehicle, the maps below depict the preferred routes for travel. If your operating requirements cannot be met by a gazette notice, you will need to apply to for a permit.