Equipment and assistive technology for people with disability
Specialist equipment and assistive technology helps people with disability with personal care, communication, mobility, safety and comfort.
The state-wide Equipment Program provides a service to existing clients of Disability SA, Disability and Domiciliary Care Services, Novita Children's Services and Minda Inc.
Assessment and eligibility
A qualified health professional will assess a person's eligibility for Equipment Program services.
To arrange an assessment contact:
- Domiciliary Care Access Service - 1300 295 673
- Disability Services Information and Referrals Line - 1300 786 117
- Novita Children's Services - 8349 2002.
Other equipment options
Independent Living Centre (ILC) provides free information and advice about equipment, technology and techniques to help people maintain their independence.
The ILC also provides a mobile service to country areas.
ILC does not sell equipment but can give you information about suppliers and their prices.
Domiciliary Equipment Service (DES) provides equipment to:
- clients of DCSI Equipment Services (includes Disability and Domiciliary Care Services, Novita Children's Services and Minda Inc)
- participants of the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- clients of some hospitals and non-government organisations
- people who wish to privately hire equipment.
Help with equipment running costs
You may be eligible for a subsidy to assist with cost of running equipment that you require due to your disability.
The concession finder will help you see what is available and if you are eligible.