Equipment and assistive technology for people with disability
Specialist equipment and assistive technology helps people with disability manage their personal care, communication, mobility, safety and comfort.
Equipment and Home Modifications Program
You can access the statewide Equipment and Home Modifications Program if you are a client of:
- Disability SA
- Disability and Domiciliary Care Services
- Novita Children's Services
- Minda Inc.
Assessment and eligibility
A qualified health professional assesses eligibility for Equipment Program services.
To arrange an assessment, phone:
- Domiciliary Care Access Service on 1300 295 673
- Disability Services Information and Referrals Line on 1300 786 117
- Novita Children's Services on 8349 2002.
Other equipment options
Independent Living Centre
The Independent Living Centre (ILC) provides free information and advice about equipment, technology and techniques to help you maintain your independence. They have a display centre with many examples of equipment and assistive technology.
The ILC also provides a mobile service to country areas.
The ILC does not sell equipment, but can give you information about suppliers and their prices.
Domiciliary Equipment Service
Domiciliary Equipment Service (DES) provides equipment to:
- clients of DHS Equipment Services (includes Disability and Domiciliary Care Services, Novita Children's Services and Minda Inc)
- participants in the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- clients of some hospitals and non-government organisations
- people who wish to privately hire equipment.
Help with equipment running costs
You may be eligible for the essential medical equipment payment to help you pay for running essential medical equipment.
On this site
Technology for Ageing and Disability (SA) Inc - custom equipment for people with disability