Apply to be a Companion Card affiliate
A Companion Card is for people with significant and permanent disability. When a cardholder buys a ticket at participating venues and activities in South Australia, their companion or carer will be given free entry.
Businesses can register to become an affiliate of the Companion Card program and show their support for people with a disability.
How to apply
To become an affiliate of the Companion Card program complete the application form .
Post the completed application to:
SA Companion Card
Reply Paid 292
Adelaide SA 5001.
Why should my business become an affiliate
You can register as an affiliate for free.
By registering to become an affiliate of the Companion Card program, you will be joining a large, diverse group of businesses and organisations across South Australia.
The Companion Card:
- provides an opportunity for an organisation or business to enhance a positive public image and demonstrate commitment to social inclusion by improving community access for people with a disability through fair ticketing
- provides a simple, consistent and reliable method of identifying people with a disability who require significant attendant care support to participate in activities and visit venues
- can assist organisations and businesses to meet some obligations under anti-discrimination laws.
An affiliate agrees to:
- issue a companion ticket at no charge to cardholders
- display the Companion Card logo in a prominent customer service area and in promotional material where possible
- abide by the Companion Card Affiliate terms and conditions.
Managing your affiliation
Suspected misuse of a Companion Card
The Companion Card has a rigorous application and audit process to prevent misuse.
If you are concerned about alleged misuse of a Companion Card, please note the card details if possible, and raise your concerns with the SA Companion Card team immediately on 1800 667 110.
Card features and security
Every Companion Card includes:
- cardholder name
- card number
- card expiry date
- photograph of the cardholder
- security features to validate card authenticity.
The card incorporates a number of security features that are provided to businesses and organisations when they affiliate with the program. These can be used to verify cardholder information when taking phone bookings and selling tickets.
Affiliates can choose whether, and how, they want to incorporate the card's security features into their ticketing policies and practices.
Cancel your affiliation
You must advise the Companion Card program if companion tickets for a venue or activity will no longer be offered. Call SA Companion Card on 1800 667 110.
Terms and conditions
Download the Companion Card Affiliate terms and conditions .
On this site
Phone: 1800 667 110