Refusal to pay winnings

A gambling provider can withhold winnings from you if:

  • you're subject to a barring order
  • a gaming machine, or a game being played on a machine, is not operating properly.

A gambling provider must request your name and address and advise you of your right to have the decision reviewed by the Liquor and Gambling Commissioner.

Apply for a review

You can apply to the commissioner for a review of the decision to refuse to pay winnings within 14 days.

The commissioner will either confirm or revoke the decision.

The final decision can't be reviewed or changed.

A gambling provider must also withhold winnings from a minor who operates a gaming machine. Those winnings are forfeited to the Liquor and Gambling Commissioner for payment into the Gamblers Rehabilitation Fund.

A decision to withhold winnings from a minor is not able to be reviewed or changed.

Contact CBS Gaming


Phone: 131 882 and select option 6

GPO Box 2169
Adelaide SA 5001

Page last updated 1 July 2022

Provided by:
Attorney-General's Department
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence. © Copyright 2023