Victims of crime
Victim support groups
The following organisations offer help to victims of crime.
- Victim Support Service - the South Australian statewide service for victims of crime offers therapeutic, emotional and practical support.
- Office for the Victims' Rights - the commissioner helps victims in their dealings with the criminal justice system an public agencies.
- South Australian Police - the first point of contact for reporting a crime.
- 1800 Respect - the National Sexual Assault and Family and Domestic Violence counselling service.
- Yarrow Place - an inclusive service for anyone who has been sexually assaulted.
- Domestic and Family Violence Gateway Service - a 24-hour support service that helps anyone that is affected by domestic abuse in South Australia.
- Witness Assistance Service - an information, education, support and referral service for victims of crime, witnesses for the prosecution, and their immediate families in matters that are dealt with by the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions.
- The eSafety Woman - resources which aimto help manage technologyrisks and abuse.
- Homicide Victims Support Group - for further information on this group contact the DCS Victim Services Unit.
Provided by: Department for Correctional Services
Page last updated 4 December 2017