Community Visitor Scheme
The Community Visitor Scheme is an independent statutory scheme that visits and inspects:
- mental health facilities
- emergency departments of hospitals
- disability accommodation
- supported residential facilities
- day options programs.
How to request a visit
1800 606 302 between 9.00 am and 5.00 pm weekdays (available from mobile phones and within SA).
Role of community visitors
- perform regular (and on request) visits and inspections of approved mental health facilities, disability accommodation, supported residential facilities, and day options programs
- promote the proper resolution of complaints and advocate for the rights of individuals
- refer issues of concern to relevant people or agencies, including the Minister (responsible) for Mental Health, the Minister (responsible) for Disability, or the Health and Community Services Complaints Commissioner.
Volunteering with the scheme
For information on volunteering as a community visitor, or for further information, go to the Community Visitor Scheme website.