While it’s your responsibility to make sure that any products you buy are used safely, and in line with any instructions and warnings supplied with them, you have the right to expect they’ll be fit for their intended purpose.
To report an unsafe consumer good or product-related service, contact the CBS Product Safety Unit using the contact details below.
For advice about your right to repair, replacement or refund if your goods are faulty, unsafe, or don’t work as they should:
- see the right to repair, replacement or refund page
- visit the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission website
- contact the CBS Advice and Conciliation team online or phone 131 882.
Consumer and Business Services doesn’t regulate the safety of specific types of products such as:
- medicine and medical devices
- electrical and gas appliances
- boats and marine