Latest bushfire information from the CFS
Solving a problem with a business
Complaining to a business is often straightforward. However, if you have a problem with a product or a service, try the options for returning an item before contacting Consumer and Business Services (CBS).
Resolving issues and lodging complaints videos on the CBS YouTube channel also offer some good advice about getting a refund, a repair or replacement. You can choose from a list of preferred languages - Arabic, Dinka, English, Farsi, Nepalese, Tamil and Karen.
Consumer complaint checklist
- checked that the item or service is covered by a consumer guarantee
- kept my receipt or proof of purchase
- attempted to contact the seller to fix the problem
- kept a record of my contact with the seller.
- your full name
- the name and location of the business
- a description of the problem.