Minister's Specifications relate to specific building issues that require attention in South Australia. They are referenced in the Development Regulations 2008 or in the South Australian variations to the Building Code of Australia (BCA).
From 1 July 2019 developments in Land Not Within A Council Area are subject to six Ministerial Building Standards as part of the Phase One implementation of the Planning, Development and Infrastructure Act 2016. Visit the SA Planning Portal for more information and to the view the standards.
Minister's Specifications in effect for the rest of the state:
- SA Upgrading health and safety in existing buildings
- SA 76 Maintenance and testing of essential safety provisions - 2015 edition
- SA 76A Fire safety requirements in caravan parks and residential parks
- SA 76D Swimming pool safety
- SA 78 Additional requirements in designated bushfire prone areas
- SA 78A Housing on designated Aboriginal lands
- SA 78AA Onsite retention of stormwater
- SA 78B Construction requirements for the control of external sound
- SA 83 Staged occupancy of multistorey buildings
On 1 May 2019, the provisions of the following Minister's Specifications were amalgamated into BCA 2019:
- SA 18.104.22.168(a) Heating and cooling loads for elevated buildings with a lightweight framed flooring system and transportable buildings
- SA H2.2 Construction of bulk grain storage facilities
- SA H3.2 Concessions for farm buildings (2015 edition)
The provisions of the following previously published Minister's Specifications were amalgamated into previous BCA editions:
- SA 76C Protection of buildings exposed to brush fences
- SA F1.7 Waterproofing of wet areas - additional requirements
For an alternative version of a document on this page contact Building policy services.