Get the most recent information on South Australia's response to the Coronavirus pandemic.

Public registers of information about development applications

Land use

You can search the public register to get details and follow the progress of applications, where:

  • the 'decision authority' is either
  • the application involves either land use, building or marine aquaculture
  • the application was lodged on or after 1 January 2010.

To request details of applications lodged before 1 January contact SCAP.

For details about applications where the 'decision authority' is a local council, contact the council where the development is located.

The application and assessment processes for all types of development are described in Development applications and how they are assessed.

Land division

In South Australia development approval must be obtained before land may be divided into separate allotments.

You can search the EDALA public register to get details and follow the progress of land division applications.

Visit the SA Planning Portal to find out about the new planning system being phased in since 1 July 2019.

Related information


Was this page useful?

Page last updated 1 July 2020

Provided by:
Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure
Last Updated:
Printed on:
Copyright statement:
SA.GOV.AU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence. © Copyright 2020