The Parks Redevelopment
The Parks Redevelopment Amendment (DPA) - was approved by the Minister for Planning by notice in the South Australian Government Gazette on 16 April 2015.
Purpose of the amendment
This DPA aims to support redevelopment of The Parks Community Centre as a revitalised community hub. It proposes:
- new planning policy that provides for development of a village style, pedestrian-friendly environment
- a greater mix of uses, including
- a recreation and sports hub
- community and health facilities, including a children's centre and library
- medium density residential development, offices and shops
- a theatre
- rezoning of an adjacent potion of land to allow for development of a range of housing types and higher dwelling densities.
Area affected by the amendment
The DPA affects land currently occupied by The Parks Community Centre and a portion of land north of the centre. The Community Information Sheet - includes a map of the site and also provides details about the proposed amendment and the amendment process.
The development plan affected is the Port Adelaide Enfield Council development plan.
Consultation on Ministerial DPAs is conducted by the Development Policy Advisory Committee (DPAC), an independent statutory committee which provides advice to the Minister for Planning.
Public consultation on the amendment closed on 1 October 2014. A public meeting was held on 15 October 2014.
On this site
- The Parks Community Centre
- The Parks Recreation and Sports Centre
- Strategic Infrastructure Plan for South Australia 2005/6 - 2014/15
- Guide to development plans and development plan amendments -
- City of Port Adelaide Enfield City Plan 2010 - 2016 -
- City of Port Adelaide Enfield Strategic Directions Report 2012 -
- City of Port Adelaide Enfield Open Space Plan 2013 -
- Housing and Employment Land Supply Program Report -
- Housing Strategy for South Australia - Green Paper (2011) -
- Parks Community Centre Redevelopment Traffic and Parking Assessment -
- Environmental Site Assessment - Parks Community Centre -
- The Parks Community Centre: A Practical Approach for the Future -
- The Parks Community Centre Redevelopment Services Infrastructure Table -
- Urban Design Guidelines for Mixed Use Development, Parks Community Centre Redevelopment -
- Design Review Project Recommendations Report: The Parks Community Centre Redevelopment, October & November 2012 editions -
- Design Review Project Recommendations Report: The Parks Community Centre Redevelopment, December 2012 and February 2013 - Final May 2013 advice -
For an alternative version of any document on this page see Planning contacts - Development plans and amendments.