Port Adelaide Centre Renewal Part 1 amendment
The Minister for Planning has split the amendment into two parts:
- Port Adelaide Centre Renewal Part 1 DPA
- Port Adelaide Centre Renewal Part 2 DPA.
The Port Adelaide Centre Renewal Part 1 DPA was approved by the Minister for Planning by notice in the South Australian Government Gazette on 9 April 2015.
The Port Adelaide Centre Renewal Part 2 DPA relates to Cruickshank's Corner Policy Area for which a targeted policy review and investigations are currently underway.
Purpose of the amendment
Part 1 of the amendment proposes changes to planning policies to support the revitalisation of Port Adelaide's centre and help create a more vibrant and prosperous Port community.
The changes introduce new and updated planning policies within the Regional Centre Zone and re-zone some land within the Industry Zone, as shown on the Port Adelaide Enfield Development Plan. These changes reflect the strategic and master planning directions identified under the Port Adelaide Renewal Project. The release of this DPA was concurrent with the release of the Port Adelaide Renewal Project Precinct Plan by Renewal SA.
The policy changes include new maximum building heights of three to five storeys across the Regional Centre Zone (excluding Cruickshank's Corner Policy Area) and a review of land uses in some areas in order to support a contemporary mixed use urban environment.
Area affected by the amendment
The community information sheet included a map of the site and also provided details about the proposed amendment and the amendment process.
The development plan affected is the Port Adelaide Enfield Council development plan.
Consultation on Ministerial DPAs is conducted by the Development Policy Advisory Committee (DPAC), an independent statutory committee which provides advice to the Minister for Planning.
Public consultation on the amendment closed on 18 March 2014. A public meeting was held on 8 April 2014.
On this site
- About development plans
- The 30-Year Plan for Greater Adelaide
- South Australia's planning policies
- South Australia's Integrated Transport and Land Use Plan
The following documents can be downloaded from Renewal SA - Our Port resources:
- Newport Quays Master Plan
- Saint Vincent Street & Commercial Road Concept Master Plan Report 2008
- McLaren Wharf and Cruickshank's Corner Strategic Framework - Dec 2010
- Port Adelaide Centre Car Parking & Movement Study - October 2011
- Port Adelaide Master Plan - Review of background documents - April 2012
- Port Adelaide Centre Vision and Framework
- McLaren Wharf and Cruickshank's Corner Master Plan Report
- Interpretive Trail Report
- Community Open Day Summary of Community Ideas - Mar 2013.
For an alternative version of a document on this page contact Planning contacts - Development plans and amendments.